Anstey Library Writers
Meeting every Monday from now until November, and new joiners are very welcome.
Facebook Page: AnsteyLibraryWriters
Guiding Writers: Mike Grace and Oriane Genol
Have you ever wanted to write? Have you ever wanted to share your writing? This is what the Anstey Library Writers are about. We meet each Monday between 7pm and 8.30pm to share stories, talk about stories and write stories. What they’re about is entirely up to you; whether you share them is entirely up to you. But do come along and write with us.
Guidelines for the Group
- There’s no such thing as bad writing.
- You don’t have to share anything.
- There’s no wrong way of writing apart from not writing.
- A few words a day builds into a lot over a week.
- If you have some really bad writing, make it worse. We all know a really bad script that became a film.
- If you’re going to be critical, tell us what you like first. Then tell us what you’d add.
- Some things can be upsetting to others. If someone feels uncomfortable hearing about a situation, they should raise their hand. At that point, we’ll move on. No questions asked.
- Everyone has a story. Everyone else wants you to tell theirs. Tell us yours.
- Even the greats worry about their story being rubbish. And no-one fully agrees who the greats are.
- Electronic words are as important as pen & paper, and vice versa.
- Why stopping in November? Well, we’re all going to attempt to write a novel within November.